Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Making your own Blog button

Okay, I am going to make this super simple as I can, because when I was searching for a tutorial, I could not find one that told me what to do in a 1-2-3 step way. I gathered my information from several different resources and tried many things. Until I found this site! Thanks to her, I was able to make my buttons easily. Now, it is not exactly the easiest thing to do, but it's not to difficult. So here is an easy tutorial. I hope!

For those with a Flickr or Picasa account and For those without a photo editing software.

  • If you have an editing software(I have adobe Photoshop Elements), create your button, and then upload it to the image holding site. You can use another software or just a picture that is not copyrighted, and add your text in one of the following image holding sites.
  • If you do not have a FLickr, Picasa or other image site account, you will need to make an account. I chose Flickr, and I personally like it best, and it is the easiest. It also has a good (but limited) editing software available when you have an account
  • Upload the photo or your created button to your Flickr or Picasa or other image holding site.
  • Edit the photo as you wish. Editing may be.....
Add any effects, text or anything else you want.Take your time because you want your button to be just how you want it.
Re size the image until it's the size you want it
. You can start with 200 and then you can move upward . My blog button is 202/203 and it is a good size, I think. You will have to fiddle around a bit. 180 by 180 is the average size.
Remember, it cannot be bigger than the space of your sidebar. My button fits my sidebar perfectly for me.
  • Once you have the image edited, with all your text and what not, get the URL. In Flickr, and maybe other sites, right click on the image, choose properties, and copy the URL that is under Location. Nonetheless, you need a URL. If you do not know how to access it on the site, just post it on your blog, then right click, view image, and copy that URL.
  • Go to this site and copy this code and paste it onto Notepad or Wordpad.Fill it in with the info- the words in color are what you need to change. Blog URL (your blog), and the URL of the photo( the URL you copied).
  • Now copy the code from Notepad or wherever you created your code.
  • Go to your blog and choose "Add a Gadget"
  • Select HTML gadget. Paste your code.

And here you go!!!! I hope this is simple and easy to understand. Please leave a comment and tell me if it is or isn't, and if you have
any questions. THANKS!!!

1 views:

Tim, Allyson, and kids December 7, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

I'm glad our tutorial was helpful for you. Thanks for directing others to our blog!

Archive

Viewers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP