Monday, September 20, 2010

What do I have to say for myself... {personal}

I haven't written or shared photos for so long-to be honest, I haven't taken that many photos that count this summer. But the main reason I haven't been around is because my computer won't allow me to access blogger, google, and other sites, and so I use my mom's computer, and she doesn't have my pictures anyway. But besides all that disappointing news, I have not been completely absent from the world of photography. Let me explain...

After a bit of study and researching here and there throughout my photography journey, experience has been, and will always be my most important teacher. Photography, true photography, isn't about reading some formula on how to get the perfect picture, but it's about taking pictures how you want to take them, to capture the message you see. That's photography.
But seeing as my photography isn't just a hobby, but something I want to take more seriously and give to others, I need to learn how to do that. That's something that experience can and does teach you, and everyone should have a personalized way of doing, but at the same time its great to learn from others in the business and marketing aspect. So I've been doing a lot of reading. :)
Vik Orenstein's book, Photographer's Market Guide to Building your own photography Business has helped me get motivated to be more professional and precise. You want to have, you need to have a structure to base your creativity, individualism, personality, and drive on. That's something I've been learning when it comes to photography.
Jasmine Star has inspired me during my hiatus to brand my business, personalize it to the tenth degree, and create yourself and your business into what you want it to be to attract the client's you want.
These are the lessons I am learning, and I cannot wait to get the chance to put them into action. But being a high school student-photography has to wait sometimes. And being the owner of a freaky computer, so does this blog :p

1 views:

Lydia October 29, 2010 at 2:02 AM  

I know what it feels like to be torn in many directions! School, family, friends, photography, life! But it's great you're pursuing this so young! Hope you're computer stops acting up on you!

Archive

Viewers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP